My Photo
Name:
Location: Imperfect World

My name is Julia and I'm writing a sci-fi/fantasy novel about bloggers and wanted a place to work on the fictional blogs of my characters. This is just for fun and to get into character. Which means it's not going to be 'canon' - I don't want to worry about sticking to what is written here. This is an exercise to get me in the writing mood each day without commitment or thinking or worrying about grammar or flow. Sort of 'free style' whatever is in my heart kind of writing. The actual novel takes place roughly 20 years into the future from this point in time, so my characters are much younger than they will be in the novel. At some point I may start my own 'author blog'.

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What this Blogg is for

I've already been posting in the bloggs of my fictional characters, and it's been a great way to get my mind into character before I write a chapter and also a way to flesh out some ideas about how the universe works.

This blogg I'm starting as a way to talk from my perspective about what's going on and to also give my friends visiting a chance to ask questions or make comments if they feel like it.

I have no plans to post regularly in this blog, but we'll see what happens.

For those who may stumble across this - and haven't been talking to me regularly, as of this date I have about 12 chapters (10 pages at 10 arial font each - I have yet to get a program that has a word count option) Some need considerable work, but the first chapter is nearly done and chapters 2-7 only need a breeze editing to make sure it's congruent after chapter one is completed.

What happened is I started the book in January, finished a couple chapters by February and quickly wrote up a few sketchy chapters after that to make sure I got my ideas down. Then realized I needed to ease into the technology and world more slowly. So I went back and added a chapter at the beginning, which turned into 3 chapters that took on a life of their own. And THEN 2 weeks ago I decided I wanted a 'prelude' which turned into a 15 page chapter. Soo... what was chapter 1 is now chapter 5.

I wrote WAAAY more than I thought I would for this first post. *heh*

Julia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home