My Photo
Name:
Location: Imperfect World

My name is Julia and I'm writing a sci-fi/fantasy novel about bloggers and wanted a place to work on the fictional blogs of my characters. This is just for fun and to get into character. Which means it's not going to be 'canon' - I don't want to worry about sticking to what is written here. This is an exercise to get me in the writing mood each day without commitment or thinking or worrying about grammar or flow. Sort of 'free style' whatever is in my heart kind of writing. The actual novel takes place roughly 20 years into the future from this point in time, so my characters are much younger than they will be in the novel. At some point I may start my own 'author blog'.

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, February 23, 2007

You can purchase the right to let your cat fart... guilt free...

You think I'm joking? With global warming along comes many solutions to try to make a difference and help people who feel helpless get a sense that they are making a difference...

High poluting corporations that want to reduce emmissions need money to do it and middle men companies are coming along to connect these two groups of people.

For the most part it's not manditory - yet. I thought of the idea that eventually you will have to buy travel points and trash points and garbage points in order to have the right to buy tickets or get your garbage picked up and recycled....

But reality is always stranger than fiction... and yes, there is a company who is selling points for just what I titled this entry.

**********************

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20670001&refer=columnist_mukherjee&sid=a6JuMPizIG6o


China, India Smile as West Overpays for Climate: Andy Mukherjee
By Andy Mukherjee
Feb. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Governments in rich nations are spending billions of dollars to buy a clearer conscience over climate change. Are they getting their money's worth?
Enlightened individuals, those who stay awake at nights wondering what they can do to prevent the polar caps from melting, at least have a growing menu of choices.
Sydney-based Easy Being Green says it will mitigate your cat's flatulent contribution to global warming for A$8 ($6). The same company could also make your granny ``carbon-neutral'' at A$10 a year, according to a report in the Australian newspaper last weekend. ......

****************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home