My Photo
Name:
Location: Imperfect World

My name is Julia and I'm writing a sci-fi/fantasy novel about bloggers and wanted a place to work on the fictional blogs of my characters. This is just for fun and to get into character. Which means it's not going to be 'canon' - I don't want to worry about sticking to what is written here. This is an exercise to get me in the writing mood each day without commitment or thinking or worrying about grammar or flow. Sort of 'free style' whatever is in my heart kind of writing. The actual novel takes place roughly 20 years into the future from this point in time, so my characters are much younger than they will be in the novel. At some point I may start my own 'author blog'.

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, June 01, 2007

Three Chapters left to write!!!

Or four, depending on how well I can condense the final one. *L*

I can't believe how much things have changed in the book in just a couple years, I had about 13 chapters done at one point and then rewrote EVERYTHING. It's the same basic story, but much richer with better to understand backgrounds on the characters.

There will be 2 more books to go along with it (at least) and this one is ending up at 16-17 chapters. So far I have the second book outlined to chapter 10 and I've started to take really good notes, and DATE them in a little pocket sized marble memo. I took it with me on my trip to Grand Junction, Colorado and Moab, Utah and was able to take the time away from home and the family to really think about where I wanted to go. It was an incredibly refreshing time and I'm so excited and have a lot of momentum built up. (Today I wrote 1/2 a chapter and still managed to be here for the refridgerator repair man (Did you know you gotta clean that dust out of the back vent every 6 months?), go to my son's school party, pick up the kids and take them to little league!)

I'm hoping to finish up editing this chapter tonight and then move on to the next one on Monday - the kids only have 4 more full days of school and then they're home for the summer. Since they are older it should be easier to write now, and bless their hearts, they are really getting into the idea that Mommy is writing a book. As they both learn to read I think it's meant more to them - especially the older one. It's made me think about the content of the book though, I don't want to write for children, it's not natural for me and the story itself is dark in places - because what humans do to each other is very dark. over all it should be an uplifting tale, and I'll probably just wait until they are in their teens to let them read it.

I'm so bummed about the layout of my blog, ever since the change, my template hasn't worked, and I don't know enough HTML to figure it out! Grrrr...

All for now...

Julia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home